Before recycling your old newspaper how about trying out these Five fab crafts!
All you need is a newspaper, sticky tape, scissors, glue, ribbon and coloured paper.
Make a funky jester hat!
2. Half it again and cut strips up to the halfway mark of the paper.
3. Measure around your models head and secure with tape.
Make a newspaper outfit
1. Fold over one page of newspaper and cut strips half way up the page.
2. Secure around your little ones waist with tape.
3. Take another page of newspaper, fold over and cut a neck shape in the centre of the fold.
4. Place over your little ones head and secure under arms with tape.
Make a newspaper owl puppet
1. Cut a strip of newspaper and roll. Make sure it’ll fit a little finger then secure with tape.
2. Draw an owl shape (see photo) on another sheet of newspaper and cut out.
3. Cut out two circles and a triangle from coloured paper. Draw eyes on the circles.
4. Stick the eyes onto the paper owl shape, then add the triangle (this is the beak!)
5. Glue the owl to the rolled newspaper
Make newspaper bracelet
1. Fold over half a page of newspaper. Roll and secure with tape.
2. Cut out shapes from coloured paper.
3. Add paper shapes and glue in place.
4. Measure to wrist and secure with tape.
Make a newspaper hairslide
1. Cut a small piece of newspaper and fan over.
2. Tie ribbon around the centre and knot.
3. Slide a hair grip through the ribbon.
4. Fan out the paper slide and grip into hair!
And there you have Five fab newspaper crafts! Why not give them a go?!