- 4oz plain flour, sifted
- 2 eggs
- 7fl oz milk mixed with 75ml/3fl oz water
- 2oz butter
- caster sugar
- lemon juice
- lemon wedges
- chocolate sauce
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl
- whisk the eggs and add to the flour
- Gradually add small quantities of the milk and water mixture, still whisking (don’t worry about any lumps as they will eventually disappear as you whisk).
- The ‘batter’ should resemble single cream in texture.
How to cook a pancake!
- Get the pan really hot, then turn the heat down to medium temp.
- Spoon a little of the mixture into the pan – as soon as the batter hits the pan, move it around from side to side to get the base evenly coated and a round(ish) shape is formed!
- It’ll only take a short amount of time to cook one aside so keep an eye on it!
- Get ready to flip your pancake over to cook the other side or use a spatular if you’re not a confident pancake flipper! To serve, sprinkle each pancake with freshly squeezed lemon juice and sugar, chocolate sauce, fruit and cream or even a savory topping of cheese and chives!