175g/6oz Plain Flour
100g/4oz Butter or Margarine
50g/2oz Caster Sugar
2 tablespoons of water
1. Pre-heat oven to 150°C/300°F Gas 2
2. Cream the butter or margarine and caster sugar together until light and fluffy. Gradually Stir in the flour. Add the water.
3. Knead the dough together on a breadboard or worktop until it forms a ball (add a sprinkle of flour if it becomes too sticky.)
4. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until it is about 5mm thick.
5. Cut out the dough using cutters.
6. Pop the biscuits on a greased baking tray and bake in the centre of the oven for approx 25 minutes or until golden brown.