In the UK, the most common food allergies are to eggs, milk, fish and nuts. Some people can react to sesame, shellfish, soya, mustard and a range of other foods including some fruits! strangely enough – in the UK, an allergy to kiwi fruit (in children) is becoming more common!
Here we have share our favourite recipe for littlies with a dairy allergy. This recipe is egg, butter and milk free and is rather delicious!
1/3 of a cup of Trex
2/3 of a cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1 cup of mashed, soft bananas
1. Lightly grease a loaf pan.
2. Mix together the Trex and sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, the baking powder, and the baking soda.
4. Stir into to shortening mixture and then add the mashed bananas. Mix until smooth.
5. Pour into the loaf pan. Bake on 180 for approx 45 – 50 minutes depending on oven.
6. Cool on wire rack 10-15 minutes once removing from oven!