- Grease a 12″ by 8″ baking tray and then line with baking parchment.
- Preheat the oven to 400For 200C.
- Mix eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until white, stiff and foamy.
- Stir in sifted flour and combine thoroughly.
- Pour batter on to baking tray and bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Turn out straight away on to a piece of greaseproof paper, spread with warmed jam, and roll up firmly.
- Tidy up the ends by cutting a small piece of each end.
- Now for the icing place the chestnuts in a saucepan and boil until soft, about 7-10 minutes.
- Boil the sugar and water together until a drop sets instantly in cold water.
- Puree the chestnuts and the syrup together, and add the cocoa powder.
- Tip mixture over the cake and rough up the back with a fork this will create the bark look.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar to look like Snow.
- Add holly if needed.