These truffles make cute little gifts at Christmas time! Make a little box or use cellophane to wrap your truffles and give them to teachers, friends and relations for Christmas and as thank you presents…
- 100g (4oz) plain chocolate
- 100g (4oz) butter
- 275g (10oz) icing sugar
- White chocolate for grating
- Red and black pre-bought fondant icing or felt- for the hats and scarf
- Place water in a small pan, bring to the boil and take off the heat
- Break chocolate into a heatproof bowl and place over the water. Gently stir until chocolate is melted. Add the butter and again gently stir until butter has melted. Remove bowl from water
- Sieve the icing sugar into chocolate mixture, fold until thoroughly mixed together. Allow to cool.
- Take small spoonful of the mixture and roll into a small ball. Grate white chocolate into a bowl and roll each truffle in the chocolate until well coated – keep your hands cool and it won’t be so sticky!
- Once all the snowmen are complete, make hats and noses using the red and green icing then attach to the snowmen – you may need to use cocktail sticks or a little jam to help sticking.